I don’t know when fake plants in miniature flower pots became so popular, but I am glad it did. These fake plants are simple and add a great touch to any room. You have probably seen them in stores like Walmart, Target, Tjmaxx etc. You might have also seen the price tag that comes along with them and put it back on site.I know I have.
I know I have as I think to myself, “Why are they so expensive and they’re FAKE?!”
With my mindset, I decided it would be best if I made my own. It didn’t seem that hard (it wasn’t) and I could personalize it however I liked. If you have a similar mindset or just want a fun DIY to do, continue reading!
Miniature Flower Pot
*Small Flower Pot Saucer
I got all my materials from the dollar store except for the saucer. I got three saucers at the thrift store for $1.29 each. The saucer isn’t necessary, but it definitely ties
everything together. Also, the pebbles can be any colour but I chose white because I liked how it looked in the flower pot.
- Gather and organize all your materials in an open space.
- Fill 1/2 of the measuring cup with pebbles.
- Take the succulent and place in the centre of the flower pot. You will need to hold it in place with your hand.
- While holding the plant in place, use your free hand to pour the pebbles around the ‘stem’ of the plant.
- Add as many pebbles as you would like, but make sure there is enough to keep the plant in place.
- If you got the saucer, place the finished project on it and voilà, you have your wonderful fake plant that cost less than $4!
It is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
If you enjoyed, please let me know in the comments and if you didn’t, constructive criticism would be nice. 🙂
Also, let me know what other DIYs you would like to see! Please share using the social media buttons below.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you and your new plant have a great day!
Also, follow my social media accounts if you would like to keep up to date with me and when I plan to post:
Check these out: